Do you need a better way to compare low-cost insurance rates in Lubbock, TX? Lubbock consumers have options when looking for affordable Chevy Cruze insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Chevy and get the lowest possible price either online or from Lubbock insurance agents.
It’s a great practice to compare rates as often as possible because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Chevy Cruze insurance in Lubbock at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about Cruze insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to buy insurance cheaper in Lubbock.
This article will introduce you to the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and also pocket some savings If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the techniques covered below. You just have to learn the proper way to shop for auto insurance online.
Most companies allow consumers to get prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lubbock is very simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system requests your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lubbock makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest payment possible.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Lubbock, TX. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer cheap Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Lubbock in Lubbock, click here.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Lubbock.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for local Lubbock agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Lubbock that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
- Ince Insurance Inc
7005 Salem Park Dr – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
- Grimes Insurance Agency Inc
1651 Broadway St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 762-0544 – View Map
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Jason Grisham – State Farm® Insurance Agent
1102 Slide Rd, 33 – Lubbock, TX 79416 – (806) 793-3101 – View Map
- Rick Rosas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6102 82nd St #12b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 776-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- If they are an independent agency in Lubbock, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How are they compensated?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Save mileage and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Cruze can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
- More performance means higher prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Low performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Extra policy coverages that aren’t used – Policies have extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- How much liability – Liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Bundle policies with the same company – The majority of insurers give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Coverage lapses lead to higher car insurance rates – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Chevy Cruze insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies use claims history when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Cruze insurance, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just showed you a lot of information how to find cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small local company.
Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents. Discount Chevy Cruze insurance can be sourced both online and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Lubbock
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Lubbock.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
More information can be found at the links below
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)