Unbelievable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Texas drivers can save nearly 70% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Lubbock.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Enclave coverage is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you're comparing identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Choosing the best rates in Lubbock is not that difficult. If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to use the quickest way to compare company rates online.
Finding a better price on car insurance is pretty simple and can save money. Just take time comparing rates from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Lubbock, TX. To buy cheap car insurance in TX, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance analysis for a Buick Enclave
The table displayed next covers a range of insurance costs for Buick Enclave models. Knowing how rates are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$260||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,466||$122|
|Enclave CX AWD||$260||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,466||$122|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$260||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,466||$122|
|Enclave XL AWD||$288||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise rates substantially.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Texas
Even though Lubbock Enclave insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick Enclave has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Enclave greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Informed Drivers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
Claim-free discounts can add up - Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Are you male or female? - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men get in fender benders at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Buick Enclave annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Avoid unnecessary extra policy coverages - There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance - The make and model of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Buick Enclave insurance premiums compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
Drive a safer car and pay less - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Insurance losses for a Buick Enclave - Insurers analyze historical claim data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that have higher losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Buick Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD||85||101||83||67||63||81|
|Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD||93||110||92||64||62||84|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Score discounts on Lubbock insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employee Discount - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and Progressive may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount shop Lubbock auto insurance on their website.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Telematics Data - Lubbock drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 - Seniors may receive a discount up to 10%.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
The example below illustrates the difference between Buick Enclave car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and anti-theft.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple autos, driver's education, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance has savings for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, online quote, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
If you need affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some credits might not be offered in Lubbock. To find insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Lubbock?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but still have a local Lubbock insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you free Lubbock auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
One last note
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Lubbock auto insurance online, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read some good ideas how to find cheaper Buick Enclave insurance in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Much more information about insurance in Texas is available below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)