The most effective way to save money on Buick Terraza insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like traffic violations and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study discovered that drivers who compared rates regularly saved about $865 annually compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to quote and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper coverage, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Comparison shopping for affordable protection in Lubbock is not as hard as you may think. You just have to know the quickest way to shop for auto insurance from many different companies online.
Six Tips to Get Cheap Lubbock Insurance Rates
Many things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the things that factor into prices.
A coverage lapse can increase premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you fines and jail time.
Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
High comp and collision deductibles save money – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your Buick. A few examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Filing claims can cost you more – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Texas award discounts to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Vocation stress can make you pay more – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like military generals, airline pilots, and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates because of intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
Performance impacts insurance rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Texas. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Buick in Lubbock, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Terraza more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Lubbock insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Companies that may offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Savings may not apply to policies in Lubbock. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
Local insurance agents
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help determine the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Lubbock.
Once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Lubbock auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a good Lubbock insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Lubbock are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can write car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Lubbock who may provide price quotes.
- Bledsoe Insurance Agency
5143 69th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-8686 – View Map
- Holmes/Bednarz Insurance Agency
5717 66th St #110 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 748-5453 – View Map
- Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 780-6622 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Lubbock exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Tommy Reece – State Farm Insurance Agent
3114 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 793-0646 – View Map
- Kevin Watson – State Farm Insurance Agent
13033 Quaker Ave SUITE B – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 797-3329 – View Map
- Rick Rosas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6102 82nd St #12b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 776-3276 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Lubbock?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. But keep in mind it’s your coverage and you can terminate coverage when you choose so don’t feel that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Best car insurance company in Lubbock
Choosing the top car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Lubbock. The rank data shown next may help you pick which insurers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
When do I need an agent’s advice?
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote more to save more
When getting Lubbock auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies can be less work than you think.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to save on Buick Terraza insurance in Lubbock. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Buick Terraza rate quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)