Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Texas consumers could save 70% each year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Buick Rainier insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and poor credit can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Lubbock is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to find better prices without reducing coverage. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest method to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Buick Rainier insurance in Lubbock takes advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as what your job is, marital status, how many miles driven, and how you use your vehicles. The data is then sent to insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To check Buick Rainier insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Lubbock.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Rainier in Lubbock, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Buick has a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your Buick Rainier but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Rainier insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Rainier is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Lubbock car insurance quote in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Lubbock Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Lubbock and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, location of vehicle, good student, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, daytime running lights, federal employee, good student, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and air bags.
- AAA may offer discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in Lubbock. For a list of providers who offer discounts in Lubbock, click here to view.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my Buick Rainier covered if I use it for business?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.