If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper Nissan 350Z insurance in Lubbock is to compare prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides instructions to get lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper 350Z coverage is available in Lubbock. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle's registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Unimaginable but true, most auto insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won't spend time to compare rate quotes.
Lowering your auto insurance rates isn't really that difficult. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes to see which company has affordable Lubbock car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find the cheapest car insurance in Texas, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts on Lubbock auto insurance
Some companies don't always list all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount - Fewer annual miles on your Nissan can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Lubbock car insurance with certain companies.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help lower the amount you have to pay.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, safe vehicle, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, multi-car, and business and professional.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, multi-vehicle, federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in Lubbock. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Lubbock.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give you quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Lubbock for you
If you want a reputable agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents in Lubbock are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both sell and service insurance coverage, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in Lubbock that can possibly get you free price quotes.
- All Write Insurance Agency
2413 20th St - Lubbock, TX 79411 - (806) 763-2886 - View Map
- David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 794-1177 - View Map
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 798-7979 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Lubbock who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Danny Sellers
7302 82nd St Ste 11 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 866-2702 - View Map
- Ana Borrego - State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 745-2555 - View Map
- Mike Fox - State Farm Insurance Agent
5910 130th St #101 - Lubbock, TX 79424 - (806) 701-5234 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Lubbock?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and cheap 350Z insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
How You Can Control Nissan 350Z Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices - Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
- Deter theft and pay less - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- How old are your drivers? - Youthful drivers in Texas are known to be more careless when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The make and model of the car you own makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Higher prices for demanding vocations - Occupational choices like doctors, executives, and medical professionals are shown to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Other careers like professors, historians and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Don't abuse claims - Car insurance companies in Texas provide cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan 350Z in Lubbock, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Nissan 350Z, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare rates regularly to save
We've covered some good ideas how to save on Nissan 350Z insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is easier than you think.
More information is available below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High School Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)