If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Lubbock. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Lubbock. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. The average driver in Lubbock could cut their rates by 70% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rates and save money.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Shopping around for the most affordable insurance policy in Lubbock is easy to do. But Texas drivers do need to know how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
When comparing car insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable rates.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Kia Sedona insurance rates in Lubbock
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – A few auto insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Sedona insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Lubbock and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Kia Sedona insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data assumes a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need low cost Lubbock car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Lubbock. To view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Lubbock, click this link.
Kia Sedona insurance coverage information
The coverage table displayed next outlines estimates of insurance rates for Kia Sedona models. Being aware of how rates are established is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can alter premium rates greatly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Kia Sedona insurance prices for each age group. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Neighborhood Lubbock auto insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to companies in Lubbock who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Lubbock should be willing to answer these questions.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Lubbock that can give you comparison quotes for Kia Sedona insurance in Lubbock.
- Lisa Caldwell – State Farm Insurance Agent
2418 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 799-1628 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
- Alan Henry Insurance Agency
3405 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 792-3771 – View Map
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7979 – View Map
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Insurance Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a good credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Sedona if you clean up your credit.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The higher the miles on your Kia annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Incorrect rating for your Sedona can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Type of car determines base premiums – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data uses these variables: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Kia Sedona insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
Marriage discount – Your spouse may cut your premiums on insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Driving citations inflate costs – Having a clean driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having a single chargeable violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions drive up Kia Sedona insurance premiums for different age groups. The data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Claims statistics for a Kia Sedona – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Sedona vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more losses or larger claims.
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Sedona insurance, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sedona outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Finding the best company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Lubbock. The rank data listed below could help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
In the end, you can save money
Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Cheaper car insurance in Lubbock is definitely available on the web and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for Kia Sedona insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)