It’s shocking but most drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Lubbock could save an average of up to 70% each year, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Dodge Stratus insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Lubbock. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover ideas to prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Stratus coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent auto insurance claims – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Texas give most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Gender and insurance coverage premiums – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes get in fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Certain occupations pay higher prices – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as judges, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as actors, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
- Liability insurance is important – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Accidents inflate costs – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have serious citations like reckless driving or DUI are required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Dodge Stratus insurance in Lubbock is to know the fact most larger insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information like marital status, the type of vehicles you drive, if the car is leased, and your occupation. That rating information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Lubbock, TX, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Lubbock, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Stratus, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates on Dodge Stratus insurance in Lubbock with these car insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current Stratus insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting free Lubbock car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area.
Comparing quotes from local Lubbock insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to companies in Lubbock who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
The difference between Lubbock auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents in Lubbock can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Lubbock who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Ana Borrego – State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-2555 – View Map
- Nelda Jett – State Farm Insurance Agent
3833 50th St #5 – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 793-2857 – View Map
- Dick Phillips – State Farm® Insurance Agent
5740 82nd St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 799-4651 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Lubbock willing to provide price quote information.
- Grimes Insurance Agency Inc
1651 Broadway St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 762-0544 – View Map
- The Shropshire Agency, Inc.
5812 66th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-7311 – View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
3307 82nd St – Lubbock, TX 79423 – (806) 792-0135 – View Map
After you get positive responses in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Dodge Stratus insurance car insurance rates online in Lubbock. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)