It’s amazing but most consumers in Texas kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. consumers can cut their rates by about 46.5% a year, but they just don’t understand how much money they would save if they changed companies.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Dodge Neon insurance in Lubbock is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies that insure vehicles in Texas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Find a Lubbock insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Locating the best rates in Lubbock is not rocket science. Virtually each driver who buys auto insurance will most likely be able to cut their insurance bill. But Texas vehicle owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Get cheaper Dodge Neon insurance rates in Lubbock
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can qualify you for discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
When getting free Lubbock auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers offering insurance discounts in Texas, click here to view.
There are several ways to obtain and compare prices from different companies. One of the best ways to lower the rate you pay for Dodge Neon insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Texas. To buy cheap car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to your policy, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Local Lubbock car insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Lubbock that can give you free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Lubbock?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Lubbock are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same agent mainly due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Lubbock willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Russell Donaway
2321 50th St Ste C – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 799-4600 – View Map
- Mark Jennings – State Farm Insurance Agent
6301 19th St #4 – Lubbock, TX 79407 – (806) 792-4432 – View Map
- Chris Prather – State Farm Insurance Agent
4412 74th St f101 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-3331 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Lubbock that can give you comparison quotes.
- Maria Valeriano Insurance Agency
4210 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 780-6622 – View Map
- Shamburger Agency
12215 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 783-8959 – View Map
- Lubbock AllState Agent
2312 19th St – Lubbock, TX 79401 – (806) 412-1471 – View Map
Best auto insurance in Texas
Selecting a high-quality insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Texas. The company ratings shown below could help you analyze which insurers to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Frequent quotes can save
Cheaper Dodge Neon insurance in Lubbock can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Dodge Neon insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Lubbock Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)