The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Chevy SS insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Lubbock. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for instructions to prevent expensive rate increases and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in Lubbock could cut their rates by about 70% a year, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
The following companies offer quotes in Lubbock, TX. To find the best car insurance in Lubbock, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Lubbock, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Chevy SS insurance quotes in Lubbock
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, auto/life discount, economy car, new car, resident student, and early signing.
- Nationwide includes discounts for easy pay, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, accident-free, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
Check with every company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. For a list of insurance companies who offer free Chevy SS insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Lubbock.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Lubbock who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below are Lubbock car insurance companies willing to provide price quote information for Chevy SS insurance in Lubbock.
- Nelda Jett – State Farm Insurance Agent
3833 50th St #5 – Lubbock, TX 79413 – (806) 793-2857 – View Map
- Ince Insurance Inc
7005 Salem Park Dr – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 797-4131 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Bill Eggar
10101 Quaker Ave – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 792-5200 – View Map
- Willcoxon Insurance
4601 S Loop 289 # 7 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 763-4005 – View Map
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Where are claims handled?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lubbock?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy SS?
- Will my Chevy SS be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Chevy SS?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Texas car insurance companies
Ending up with a good quality company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The company rank data in the next section can help you pick which insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Lubbock Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Be persistent to save money
Some insurance providers do not provide internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Lubbock is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Chevy SS insurance in Lubbock. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Lubbock car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Lubbock Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)