The recommended way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Lubbock is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas.
- First, get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical coverages on every quote and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Lubbock consumers could pocket nearly 70% a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different Texas insurance companies. By far the easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to different Lubbock agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you require the professional advice of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online and get advice from an agent in your area. When comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Lubbock, TX. To get cheap auto insurance in TX, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do you qualify for these eight discounts?
Some providers don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Lubbock attending college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Q3 insurance in Lubbock.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- E-sign Discounts – A few auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some companies who may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Can’t I compare rates from local Lubbock auto insurance agents?
A lot of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Lubbock that give free quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is there a local claims center in Lubbock?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Lubbock can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Lubbock who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Lubbock independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
David Tate Insurance Agency LLP
5233 79th St – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 794-1177 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Audi Q3?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- What if I total my Audi Q3 and owe more than it’s worth?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, theft, fire damage and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, funeral expenses, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be enough.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi Q3.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25 in Texas), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Q3 resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Q3 to save money on collision insurance.
One last note
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Audi Q3 insurance in Lubbock. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Lubbock car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheap Audi Q3 insurance in Lubbock is possible on the web and with local Lubbock insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in these articles:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much is Lubbock Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)