It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare price quotes are very likely to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Lubbock is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of the best way to shop and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
The best way to find affordable Acura TLX insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in Lubbock. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more ideas to help reduce prices and find hidden discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Lubbock insurance agent
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Lubbock. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Acura TLX insurance in Lubbock
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- No Claims – Lubbock drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will provide an incentive get Lubbock auto insurance digitally online.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, good driver, and mySafetyValet.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, defensive driver, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
When getting free Lubbock auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Lubbock. To find providers with the best discounts in Lubbock, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from online providers.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Components of Your Acura TLX Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes some of the major factors companies use to determine premiums.
Credit score impact auto insurance prices – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit history can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Acura TLX by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
Too many auto insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Teenagers are high risk – Drivers with little experience are known to be easily distracted when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers rates – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft.
Liability protection limits on your policy – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are responsible for an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Loss probability for an Acura TLX – Insurers use statistical claims data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Acura TLX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Texas?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Acura TLX?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Lubbock car insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Lubbock that can give you free Lubbock auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just the price. Before buying a policy in Lubbock, get answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Lubbock?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Lubbock?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Types of auto insurance agents in Lubbock
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive. Both types can handle auto insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Lubbock exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Ana Borrego – State Farm Insurance Agent
8001 Quaker Ave STE G – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 745-2555 – View Map
- Rick Rosas – State Farm Insurance Agent
6102 82nd St #12b – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 776-3276 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Rc Calderon
1314 50th St – Lubbock, TX 79412 – (806) 741-1515 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Lubbock independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- All Write Insurance Agency
2413 20th St – Lubbock, TX 79411 – (806) 763-2886 – View Map
- Butler Carson Tate Insurance
4505 82nd St # 10 – Lubbock, TX 79424 – (806) 798-7979 – View Map
- Sims-Perrin Insurance
3302 34th St – Lubbock, TX 79410 – (806) 795-4301 – View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura TLX in Lubbock, buying car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Acura TLX, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your TLX more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in Texas overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Which car insurance company is best in Lubbock?
Choosing the right auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The information displayed below can help you select which coverage providers to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to shop for Acura TLX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lubbock auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests and high prices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Lubbock Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Lubbock? (FAQ)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)